Thursday 27 December 2012

Holi-daze In The City / Winter Update!

First and foremost I have to apologize to the you, the internet masses, for being so scarcely active these past two weeks! Fashion doesn't stop my friends, and neither does the internet, and although I haven't said a whole lot I assure you I've been paying attention; it's my life, after all. To say that the holidays have been overwhelming is an understatement in the very least! Between very busy salon shifts, holiday events and parties, and of course making time to see my family in between the bustle; it's been more than difficult to ensure I get to say something on here that's meaningful.


Well! I'm happy to be back. And the least I can do is tell you where I've been. A few previews here and there have been an exciting and interesting taste of what a lot of fashion houses are planning to embrace for the Spring season. But of course, as we all know, there's the trend of the house and the trend of the consumer. I plan to write up an article about what I think you should be planning for come Spring 2013 - just so you have a little time to prepare, be ahead of the curve, and make an impression.

What's even better than Spring and ripe for the grabbing? Winter fashion! Winter has been epic in terms of style this year - the gold, the black, the leather, the fur, the feathers, the oversized knits! And are we all still on a stud fix? Because I am! The trend of trends this season! I'm going to be compiling a small gallery of some of my favourite Winter Street Style from right here in the city. Toronto style for Toronto weather! Speaking of which, I hope all my fellow Torontonians are enjoying the flash blanket of snow we were buried under this week! We might be dramatic about it but at least we have style; don't forget that faux fur or that black leather this week.






Fashion aside, I'd love to hear what everyone has been up to for the holidays! Like I said, for myself it's been a few parties here and there but I mostly spent the few days I had off with my family. I don't get to see them too often, and just getting a day here or there to spend quality time with them is sometimes all the rest and excitement I need. Speaking of which, my mom and I take Christmas decorating very seriously! (Are you surprised?) And we went all out, yet again, for a fantastic tree this year! Over-sized, masquerade feathers, huge gold and red embellishments, and ribbons, ribbons, ribbons galore! We love anything that glitters, drapes, and adds almost too much texture - because, well, when it's Christmas, it's almost never too much.




I'd absolutely love to see some of your work this season too! Be sure to email me your photos.

DylanInTheCity is still in it's young, growing stages; but it's been such a pleasure of mine to write about fashion from the heart that I've been thinking of expanding my voice. Talking about things in the city that matter to me, and introducing how important art is as a whole besides just Fashion alone. Keep it locked, because as always, I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Be safe this holiday season; and enjoy the rest of it with bright, open arms.

Best,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insta-Dylan / @TheDylanDias

Readers

Search Designers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Dylan Dias